With Perth returning from lockdown this week, now more than ever it is crucial for employers to understand how to navigate the immediate and ongoing effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on their workplaces.
This lockdown has created new questions for employers such as:
- Who are considered ‘essential workers’?
- What about FIFO workers – can they travel intrastate?
- Can I stand down my employees without pay?
- Do employees need to wear masks at work?
- What if my employees don’t have child care arrangements in place?
- Can I require my staff to be tested for COVID-19 if they have visited a location visited by a known case?
Whilst this lockdown will hopefully be brief, the effects of a poorly managed reaction can have lasting effects on your business. Our employment team is here to help. If you need any advice or assistance regarding COVID-19 and the workplace, please contact our employment law specialists on (08) 6188 3340.
To understand more please visit our previous COVID-19 employment article here.